Racial bias in America: from higher suspension rates in preschool, to disproportionate rates of capital punishment, to everything in between, structures of authority routinely allow anti-Black racial bias to color the “facts”, and warp the narrative. And frequently (whether unintentional or otherwise) the police and the media often work together to further criminalize innocent Black victims
1. Criminalizing Blackness in America
2. 14-year-old Tremaine McMillian attacked and choked by police, literally while holding a puppy…because McMillian made them “feel threatened” and gave them “dehumanizing stares”
3. Author and CNN contributor keithboykin: how the AP slandered Renisha McBride even in death
4. The Associated Press: when can skin color alone determine who is and who isn’t a looter? (hint: don’t be Black)
5. Lauren Davidson: Disturbing Study Proves That Cops View Black Children Differently
This implicit racial bias does not magically stop at innocuous events like the VMAs, or in »Hollywood. So far, it doesn’t ever turn off. There are two Americas and racial bias is as ubiquitous as the air we breathe
I love working with kids. Cuz when you’re stressed out from dealing with grown ups and their bullshit, kids have a way of taking you into their world and making you feel better. According to the 2 year old who gave me this, the pink scribble scrabble says “I love you, Vonni.”
Can’t stay down when you get a gift like this 😊
My mom and I
which ones the fucking mom
Are they 9 feet tall or is the ceiling super low
all these questions NEED ANSWERS.
yooo we need to see the receipts
Ain’t nobody in this pic nobody’s damn mama. They look the same age!